The sensor lab at MICRO works directly with engineering, design and tooling to ensure that all considerations concerning tool safety and part quality are planned in advance. From the moment a project is in design, the sensor lab performs an extensive range of tests on processes and process materials, using a variety of different sensors to ensure the best possible solutions:
- Analog sensors for in-process measurement
- High-speed precision optical sensors
- Laser systems for super-accurate measurement
- Vision systems for 100% inspection
- Sensors integrated with automated lines to verify each operation
Sensor characteristics are studied to create sensing solutions for continuous in-process monitoring. This information dictates the type and precise placement of a sensor in a progressive tool. At MICRO, all tools utilize the best technology available to be integrated into our processes.